Renovation of U.S. Navy Band Buildings W105 & W112
Originally constructed in 1901 as a canon manufacturing facility, the Navy Band has occupied the building since 1925.
The building was originally constructed in 1901 as a canon manufacturing facility. The Navy Band has occupied the building since 1925. Only self-help and small repair projects have modified the original spaces. The spaces include administrative areas, rehearsal spaces and practice spaces for the six bands. The buildings are connected by one ground floor and three overhead connections. The buildings were completely demolished on the interior and rebuilt to Navy Band requirments. All engineering systems were replaced.
This is a project developed for NAVFAC Contracts Washington Navy Yard. Original estimate was $7,048,000. Construction value was $7,100,000.
- Project Location: Washington Navy Yard, Washington, DC
- Client: NAVFAC Contracts Washington Navy Yard